Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Woodlands Trust permissions

RuberyBlue Guest

Hi,

I appear to get a corrupted HTML screen when trying to download the application form for Woodland Trust permission.

Can anyone send me a Word version?

Regards

RuberyBlue

MCL Guest

I know whats happened....but I don't actually know why it does it.

...and the way to solve the issue is to right click on the link in that forum post, and use "save target as" option...then when the file save box opens, don't save it as HTML (which is what it wants to save it as) but instead save it as a .DOC file (a word document, which is what it really is).

You do this by overriding the dropdown box that says "HTML" and pick instead the "All Files" from the dropdown list. Then in the file name box you type (for example) "cacheform.doc" which then downloads and saves all that garbage you thought was garbage but with a .DOC extension so that windows knows to open it in Word.

All this of course assumes that you are on a PC. If you are on a Mac then you won't have a right-click mouse button, you won't have windows, and you might not have Word either. In which case, the above instructions will need to be modified heavily.

The fact is if you can get that garbled document onto your hard drive and feed it to Word, it will suddenly all come right!

Now, any of my more web-wise colleagues on here know how to actually fix the real problem? ALl I know is how to get round it!

wizard1974uk Guest

It looks like the wombles has mistakenly saved it as a template file instead of a document file, have you contacted him so he can correct it?

I don't have time now, but I'll look at this this afternoon and sort it.

---
    Bill, Chairman GAGB
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

I've now replaced the file. The link to it is now in the text of the forum post, not an attachment at the bottom, and by clicking on it MS Word should open the form.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

RuberyBlue Guest

Many thanks for the quick resolution.

Regards

RuberyBlue