Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: books

nobbynobbs Guest

so what book are you reading or have you just read.... any good?

me
    just read "the hunters of dune" by herbert
    reading, " ringworld engineers" by larry niven

ok so i'm a sci fi nut.... but i liked/like both lots.

Funnily enough Corporal Nobbs, Iam reading The Truth by Terry Pratchett.

Had never read any Pratchett till two weeks ago, now this is my third.

Ha! Maybe the 'Goose has been hooked by the magic of Discworld? I'd recommend going back and reading Colour of Magic and Light Fantastic to give you a good grounding in the realities of the place. (It is real, isn't it? :huh: )

Just finished taking my "Red Rabbit" to bed with me (Tom Clancy) and the two before that were "The Time-Traveller's Wife" (Niffenegger) and "Dissolution" by C.J. Sansom (a great historical murder mystery)

MrsB

nobbynobbs Guest

don't suppose it's a huge surprise to find out i've read the whole series of pratchett books! just bought wintersmith so that's the next one to read!

atleast i can't be accused of ideas above my station with my user name and avatar

:lol:

Mattwaggie Guest

Hmmm, books.. the last one I read was Wee Free Men. And now... I'm reading Going Postal, both discworld...

Does anybody notice a common thread here? Cachers and discworld! :P

Rebble Guest

Weird but when I was young I couldn't get enough of books I would read anything but now I am old(er) I can't be bothered with them.

The last books I read were Ray Mears Bushcraft, the Flexifoil Book of Powerkiting and all of Joe Simpson's books though after I saw Touching the Void on DVD he peeed me off so I don't like him anymore. :P

A much better read was Endurance I picked in NZ about Ernest Shackleton's expedition to the Antartic and Captain Scott by Ranulph Fiennes.

Though I do love obscure Japanese movies h34r: too and cheap DVDs.

nobbynobbs Guest

i'm almost embarrest to admit that i like alan titchmarsh and i'm reading his latest now.... :unsure: please don't tell anyone my reputation will be ruined! :lol:

I too like reading Alan titchmarsh but for some reason my reading seems noexistent now, I noticed this happened around the and of May this year about the same time that i started caching :lol:

Roving Rangies Guest

I read the flipping manuals, after Gary has bought a new toy and he has thrown it at me saying it doesn't work.

Vivien

nobbynobbs Guest

Originally posted by Roving Rangies@Oct 6 2006, 05:46 PM
    I read the flipping manuals, after Gary has bought a new toy and he has thrown it at me saying it doesn't work.

Vivien
    sorry does not compute... read the manuals.???? nope still no idea what you're talking about.

well poor old me is her alone so that when not out caching, well i can't be out all the time, i read.

next one is the latest pratchett, sat on shelf waiting to be started....

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@Oct 6 2006, 08:57 PM
    next one is the latest pratchett, sat on shelf waiting to be started....
    Saw it in the shops this week, may get it for my son for his birthday next week. (I'm sure he'll lend it to me later... ) I used to read the Discworld books to him when he was about 8 years old and then he gradually got into reading them himself. I credit TP with inspiring him to read for pleasure.

Have you tried Jasper Fforde's books? Fantasy inspired by characters in literary fiction... "The Eyre Affair" and "Lost in a Good Book" are the first two.

nobbynobbs Guest

asda were doing wintersmith cheap.

never tried that author. will look out for them in the library!

The Morgan Mob Guest

Currently reading two books

Blackout by Chris Ryan

and

One all about Tarot reading....it's history etc.

Sarah

nobbynobbs Guest

Originally posted by The Morgan Mob@Oct 7 2006, 10:21 PM

Blackout by Chris Ryan

and

One all about Tarot reading....it's history etc.

Sarah
    so surely you can predict what book you're going to get next!!! :lol:

Vanya Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs+Oct 8 2006, 04:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nobbynobbs @ Oct 8 2006, 04:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Morgan Mob@Oct 7 2006, 10:21 PM

Blackout by Chris Ryan

and

One all about Tarot reading....it&#39;s history etc.

Sarah
    so surely you can predict what book you&#39;re going to get next&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    :lol: