Hi GAGB

I'm Matthew Chatfield, and I work on the Isle of Wight for the IW Council. I've recently, much to my pleasure, got some modest funding for a project promoting geocaching on the Island next year. It will involve putting a series of caches on the Island, in public places owned by the council. There will also be some handhelds to borrow and events to teach people about geocaching. Here's an extract from the bid document:

Project goal
To devise and implement an innovative interpretation project using GPS technology to encourage the exploration and discovery of the Isle of Wight’s landscape.
Objectives
1. To create, manage and publicise a series of unusual and interesting geocaches on the Isle of Wight in publicly-accessible areas which can individually and collectively be explored by anyone with a GPS unit.
2. To provide access to equipment and support to raise awareness and build capacity amongst local community groups and individuals in the responsible use of GPS for geocaching.
3. To investigate the possible use of combined GPS/MP3 units for delivery of dynamic audio interpretation trails.

I'm no geocache expert being relatively new to the game and having only found a handful of caches on the Island. So I'd welcome advice from anyone who felt it appropriate to offer it. I can send the full project proposal on to anyone who cares to read it, or maybe I'll upload it to somewhere if there's enough interest.

Looking forward to any feedback.