Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Solo Traveler: Geocaching Guide Participation

nobbynobbs Guest

just a little heads up for anyone else who got a request to use their photos by groundspeak.

i emailled back and asked for what purpose they would be used and was told that it would be for promotional and financial gain by groundspeak. so i emailled back this following email
    "So for the use of my photo what do I get? Surely at least a years free subscription would be in order. And if it is used singularly on an item for sale then a small percentage.
    And without argument the photo to be credited to me when used."

and got a rather abrupt and in my opinion annoying reply:
    "Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it seems as though we have different goals and interests. Therefore, we no longer seek permission to use your photo."

just thought i would let you know for your own information should you receive a similar request.

They can't be serious. It is only good manners to at least credit you with the photo. Unfortunately our copyright laws to not extend as far as the USA. Giving a years membership is not too much to ask. Come on Groundspeak do the right thing.

The Wobbly Club.

nobbynobbs Guest

well i didn't think i was askingmuch. should they use it for promotional material then all they had to do was credit to me. if they made money off the back of my photo then a small cut...

so the only interest we didn't appear to share was making them money without any effort....

their choice really.

Lactodorum Guest

Being a Groundspeak Volunteer (unpaid&#33 I couldn't possibly comment.

However, I can well understand your position

nobbynobbs Guest

i would say this isn't a major chip on my shoulder it was just her wording of the reply that bugged me. like i was letting the side down or being unreasonable...