Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Help me understand!

KathyXB Guest

Hi wonder if someone among the knowledgeable can help? I recently picked up a TB from a cache that wasn't listed as being there, and today dropped it in another cache.

Trouble is it hasn't been on my list of TB's held. Not sure why this is? But it means I can't now log it as being in the new cache.

Does this make sense to anyone and can you tell me why it is, and what I should do about it if it happens again?

Kathy

Did you log the TB with geocaching.com? if not go to your accounts page and click on the trackable items link (found in the list on the left side of the page) enter the tracking number of the tb and "grab it" this should put the tb into your list enabeling you to drop it into the new cache (if you have already logged your find for the new cache you will need to post a note to drop off the tb) hope this makes sense

Fi

KathyXB Guest

cheers - I did log finding it (using the tracking number) but it has been displayed as "location unknown" since. And now I can't rememeber what the tracking number was anyway.

I've had a quick check on your profile and you discovred it (used when you see a tb but leave it behind) so therefore it wasn't added onto your list. I suggest you email the owner to get the tracking number, grab it using the tracking number then droop it off at the cache.
    I'm sure the owner will be gratefull that it has turned up

KathyXB Guest

Thanks I'll try that!

I've moved this to the General forum, as it really belongs here not in the membership discussion one.

---
    Bill

KathyXB Guest

Cheers for the advice Fi its all sorted now

No problem
    Glad to help