Thanks Thanks:  0

View Poll Results: Internet Explorer 7 What do you think?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer 7 Hot?

3 33.33%
  • Internet Explorer 7 Not?

4 44.44%
  • Internet Explorer 7 Bill Gates! go git yer gun!

1 11.11%
  • How do I get Internet Explorer 6 back?

1 11.11%

Thread: IE7

Rebble Guest

Mr. Gates just made me have IE7 :angry: it's just annoying the pants offa me y'all.

What do you think? Do you think Macrosift should just stop fiddling? :angry:

nobbynobbs Guest

no point voting as i haven't had to upgrade to 7... what made you have to?

I haven't voted as there's no option to lynch Bill Gates. :P

I normally use Firefox, and only use IE when I really have to for some site that's designed for Microshaft only - I'll be interested to see what happens when I do next use IE... h34r:
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

MrB upgraded me to IE7 a few weeks back. Haven't noticed that much difference, tbh... but then I'm not a very adventurous on the pc, so I'm not a good judge of all the new features (whatever they are).

I stopped using IE when i kept getting infected with viruses, Since changing to opera no viruses and no pop ups. Yes I have got firewall and Norton internet but they still got through

Tried IE7 betas, was slow and laggy, and the design didn't fit XP. Plus it breaks some websites. Firefox is more extendable, more secure and nicer.
    If there was a competition for witty signatures, I'd come last.

Rebble Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@Nov 24 2006, 09:11 PM
    no point voting as i haven't had to upgrade to 7... what made you have to?
    Hi Nobby

It came along with automatic updates I thought what heck I'll go along with it and the only good thing is the anti phishing filter.

But it screwed up several other applications on the way :

nobbynobbs Guest

ah makes sense. dearest microsoft.

trouble is i'm so lazy/stupid/procrastinating that i stick with it as for numerous reasons haven't gone for any other option....

which system responds best to the " get a bigger hammer" approach to problems?

:

At least with firefox, if you break it, you can reinstall it fully.

You cant do that with IE, since it's soooo fixed into windows, removing it can be quite deadly. Since IE is part of windows, more chance for viruses...

Rebble Guest

Hey guess what I wondered why Norton Internet 2005 started playing up and guess what Norton say it's not compatible with IE7

What else isn't I wonder?? :angry:

nobbynobbs Guest

that's pretty much made up my mind as this came up as an option to upgrade the other day. i chose to not bother. no doubt i will get little annoying reminders every now and then but who cares.

KathyXB Guest

Been using Firefox for 2-3 years now and never had any probs, before then IE was a nightmare on a regular basis. Would recommend firefox to anyone.

(that is not a commercial post or advertisement, just a matter of opinion!!&#33

nobbynobbs Guest

ok so where do i get it?

i assume it works the same way as IE?

i'll have to think about it.

Roving Rangies Guest

Arh Cheers folks! you have just all cheered my day up! :angry:
    Gary installs the software on my machine and I have to use it like it or not. :huh: So far I don't have Mikey Stop IE7, but he was saying that he must get round to installing it.

Ho Hum! more time wasted trying to get my stuff working again properly.

Vivien

KathyXB Guest

Nobby, if you google "Mozilla Firefox" it will guide to you a link where the desired applications may be downloaded...I daren't post the link in case I get booted off as some kind of spammer!! LOL

The nice, large green button in the centre

Click it, install, and never go back.

Once you've got used to it, there's some useful tools for embedding OS maps into cache pages and the likes.

nobbynobbs Guest

ta very much.

kathy like i'd ban you for posting a link i asked for!!! trust me the stuffi delete and the people i have to ban post far worse.... this morning was jennifer anniston!!!

MCL Guest

Hmmm, well... At the risk of sounding controversial in here, I actually quite like IE7. I don't mind Firefox, but i haven't bothered to install it on my system, since IE7 seems to work with every website I want to visit, and Firefox does NOT work with certain ones I definitely want to visit.

It's a case of "has it broken anything for my usage yet?" and the answer is, so far, No.

To anyone who says the beta version was slow and buggy, well, yes it would be wouldn't it?!! You can't judge the performance of a piece of software on the trial of its Beta version.

Nobby, it is very easy to go back to IE6 if you want. Just look in the c:windows\ie7 folder for the file "iexplore.exe". Now, you can make a shortcut to that file on your desktop, and when you click it, you will run the old IE6. Its as simple as that. Both browsers work fine side by side. You choose which one to run.

And another thing ... Edgemaster suggests you can't uninstall IE7 either very easily. In fact it is fully uninstallable from the normal "Add/Remove programs" bit of Control Panel. Its called "Windows Internet Explorer 7" so you'll find it down the bottom of the list, and not with the "Microsoft blah blah" under the "M"s .... Maybe thats why people think they can't uninstall it. Microsoft have put it in the list next to "Windows Defender" rather than next to "Microsoft Office"

Firefox is a nice piece of software, so replace IE if you like, but maybe don't do it on the basis of incorrect information about IE7.

nobbynobbs Guest

cheers for that. nice to see someone likes it. i'll ponder a little longer otherwise known as dithering then make a spur of the moment decision. :lol: