Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: room 909

nobbynobbs Guest

well for every black hole there has to be a white hole for things to come out of. a more positive happy place.

so what would you like to see come out of room 909? things that you used to have in the past that are no longer made. a device to make your life much easier.

the only rule is that it has to be positive and happy ie no " an honest politician" answers. !!!!

i want an intelligent car that will drive me when i'm either too tired or too merry to do it safely.

It's got to be an intelligent iron and ironing board

my old gas cooker .

least said about it's replacement the better.
    We like Greens

Originally posted by t.a.folk@Dec 24 2006, 01:50 PM
    my old gas cooker .
    Did you mean to put this into the Room 101 thread?
    I'm guessing that what you need out of Room 909 is a new, super de luxe gas cooker, complete with the back-peddling mudguards and go-faster stripes?

MCL Guest

I want a tea caddy, like we used to have attached to the wall in the kitchen when I was a kid. You pushed a button on the front and a teaspoon of loose tea was dispensed into the teapot you held underneath.

It was a piece of very 1950s plastic design and most people had one but now you can't find one anywhere.

MCL Guest

I can hear you all now saying "Crikey, he's easy to please isn't he?..I mean, he could want world peace and goodwill to all men, but no he wants a sodding plastic tea caddy...Sad little boy"

[QUOTE](t.a.folk @ Dec 24 2006, 01:50 PM)
    my old gas cooker .

I'm guessing that what you need out of Room 909 is a new, super de luxe gas cooker, complete with the back-peddling mudguards and go-faster stripes? QUOTE

Nay .I want my old cooker back out of room 909
    We like Greens

[QUOTE=t.a.folk,Dec 24 2006, 05:32 PM]
    (t.a.folk @ Dec 24 2006, 01:50 PM)
    my old gas cooker .

I'm guessing that what you need out of Room 909 is a new, super de luxe gas cooker, complete with the back-peddling mudguards and go-faster stripes? QUOTE

Nay .I want my old cooker back out of room 909
    OIC
    Now I understand! ... the retro technology was actually better

nobbynobbs Guest

Originally posted by MCL@Dec 24 2006, 03:30 PM
    I can hear you all now saying "Crikey, he's easy to please isn't he?..I mean, he could want world peace and goodwill to all men, but no he wants a sodding plastic tea caddy...Sad little boy"
    othing wrong with wanting little things. world peace is all well and good but what i meant was stuff like this. little bits of happiness that make the day go smoothly.

the chocolate bar that they don't make anymore coming back into production. does it affect the conflict in israel? nope but you get 10 mins of pleasure.

i want a fortified wine that i can drink and it gives me the effects of alcohol but then it fades and i wake with no after effects at all. :P

Roving Rangies Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs+Dec 24 2006, 08:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nobbynobbs @ Dec 24 2006, 08:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MCL@Dec 24 2006, 03:30 PM
    I can hear you all now saying "Crikey, he&#39;s easy to please isn&#39;t he?..I mean, he could want world peace and goodwill to all men, but no he wants a sodding plastic tea caddy...Sad little boy"
    othing wrong with wanting little things. world peace is all well and good but what i meant was stuff like this. little bits of happiness that make the day go smoothly.

the chocolate bar that they don&#39;t make anymore coming back into production. does it affect the conflict in israel? nope but you get 10 mins of pleasure.

i want a fortified wine that i can drink and it gives me the effects of alcohol but then it fades and i wake with no after effects at all. :P [/b][/quote]
    Complan and Red Bull should do the trick Nobby&#33; :lol: :lol:

nobbynobbs Guest

you ever seen over the hedge and what happens to the chipmunk when they give it caffeine. that&#39;s slow motion to me on caffeine&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; i like to sleep as much as i do, any caffeine and i&#39;d never get off&#33;

Would like to see the return Horlicks tablets ,sold in a tube similar to polo mints
    Haven&#39;t seen &#39;em for years ..
    We like Greens

....which reminded me...

Who can remember when you could buy tube of ALL BLACKCURRANT Rowntree&#39;s fruit gums? I&#39;d like to have those re-instated, please.

spangles

nobbynobbs Guest

i would say old style sweet shops but there are two near me. proper ones with the jars all lined up ready to dispense 1/4 ounze of sugar and colours&#33;&#33;&#33;

:lol: :lol:

Roving Rangies Guest

What about bloody great big Waggon wheels?? They seemed a lot bigger when I was a kid&#33;

Vivien

MCL Guest

Originally posted by lost it@Dec 27 2006, 01:03 PM
    spangles
    I *think* you can get them again but they brought them back under a different name. Trouble is I can&#39;t remember what it was now...

...and I might be thinking of something else. I know they renamed opal fruits and I think it was about the same time they did spangles.

nobbynobbs Guest

bad news see this site they were re introduced but due to poor sales they were withdrawn again.

if you are ever near totton or lyndhurst i&#39;ll let you know where the sweet shops are worth it just to see the walls covered in big jars of sweets.

KathyXB Guest

Following on from a conversation the other day, some sort of teleporting device to get from one cache to another on a caching route. Maybe in the form of special boots, or socks... :

nobbynobbs Guest

or magic washing baskets :lol:

It would be good to go into Room 909 and find a big chest full of all the missing TBs and Geocoins that have disappeared throughout 2006

I would like to bring back Jaffa Cakes, the proper ones BEFORE they changed the recipe to "improve" the flavour. They had more crunch then, too soggy now

Originally posted by Mrs Blorenge@Jan 5 2007, 10:22 AM
    It would be good to go into Room 909 and find a big chest full of all the missing TBs and Geocoins that have disappeared throughout 2006
    not talking about fairies again?

Bus conductors .
    We like Greens

nobbynobbs Guest

things long gone in the past... lack of responsibilities and youth&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

what the heck i&#39;m 18 until someone proves otherwise. B)

Roving Rangies Guest

Originally posted by The Nutters@Jan 5 2007, 12:07 PM
    I would like to bring back Jaffa Cakes, the proper ones BEFORE they changed the recipe to "improve" the flavour. They had more crunch then, too soggy now
    Morrisons value Jaffa cakes have the tates and the crunch that the originals had and only about 60p for 36&#33;

Originally posted by Roving Rangies+Jan 5 2007, 10:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Roving Rangies @ Jan 5 2007, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Nutters@Jan 5 2007, 12:07 PM
    Morrisons value Jaffa cakes have the tates and the crunch that the originals had and only about 60p for 36&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Ah&#33; the only on of the two people who Do the shopping here lol

Roving Rangies Guest

Two shops for main shopping...Lidls and Morrisons&#33;

Vivien

Originally posted by Roving Rangies+Jan 5 2007, 10:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Roving Rangies @ Jan 5 2007, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Nutters@Jan 5 2007, 12:07 PM
    Morrisons value Jaffa cakes have the tates and the crunch that the originals had and only about 60p for 36&#33; [/b][/quote]
    oh ta for that, Guess whats going in my shopping trolley this week

nobbynobbs Guest

but do you dunk?

or nibble off all the chocolate then eat the rest? :lol:

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@Jan 8 2007, 04:49 PM
    but do you dunk?

In a divers suit?

Roving Rangies Guest

Nobby, whats it to you how I eat my Jaffa Cakes, after all, you never offered me any of your ...did you&#33; :P :P :P

nobbynobbs Guest

had you been here for a cup of tea you could have dunked to your hearts content rangies :lol:

Roving Rangies Guest

I don&#39;t drink tea :P nor coffee :P nor drinking chocolate :P :P :P

nobbynobbs Guest

well i&#39;ve never tried dunking in wine or beer, other than my liver that is&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

Roving Rangies Guest

I don&#39;t dunk I just scoff&#33;