Thanks Thanks:  56
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Landowner negotiations in progress

Are they happy for this to be added to the GLAD if so do you have a contact name there?

Fianccetto Guest

Default Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust - Chosen Hill

I adopted a cache on Chosen hill recently due to it needing a new container and log book. I contacted the Wildlife Trust as it lies in one of their reserves and received this reply:

I am sorry but we will not give permission for geocaches to be placed on our reserve.

This is an extract from our policy on non-wildlife related activities on Nature Reserves:

'Given the unique function of nature reserves there is a general presumption against any other activity taking place on nature reserves which is not linked to the overarching objectives of conservation, education, research and quiet enjoyment of the countryside. The Trust has decided, therefore, that activities not in accordance with the purpose of reserves will not normally be permitted.'
    I have checked this with one of our Directors who has agreed that we will not allow this.

There are other parts of Chosen Hill which do not belong to the Trust so maybe you can get permission to place geocaches on these areas.

I have archived the cache in question (it was placed in 2004 and there is some wear on the slope by it which could be put down to geocaching over the years). However as this reads like a blanket ban I did reply speaking up for the educational and informative aspects of geocaching and suggested another idea where a path might be highlighted and plants identified to get coordinates for a hide elsewhere.

Should I be asking whether this affects all geocaches on GWT reserves?

Is there anything else I should be asking/ saying?

Early negotiations have just begun with the North Yorkshire Moors National Park Authority, many thanks to Dave Edwards help on this one, there are already some great caches up there, and some potential for some excellent series hopefully.

Default Windsor and Maidenhead Borough Council

Currently in discussion with Windsor and Maidenhead Borough Council. Slow going, I don't think anyone wants to take responsibility...

Update: On the agenda for the next comittee meeting.
    Last edited by Beadystu; 28th December 2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Update

Default Also Trying Surrey County Council and Runnymede Borough Council

Also Trying Surrey County Council and Runnymede Borough Council

Default Update

Positive progress with Runnymede and Windsor & Maidenhead councils but no agreements yet. Surrey County Council are unresponsive.

Stuart

Default Landowner negotiations

I'm in negotiation with the Macleod Estate on the Isle of Skye, and with the Scottish Government, who own much of the Trotternish ridge there.

Negotiations have already been completed with Forestry Commission, Skye and John Muir Trust.
    Isn't it amazing what you don't see, when you don't know what you're looking for?
    The past is history; the future is a story yet to be told; write it well.

I'm not in negotiation, but thought it might be useful to make public the contact details for The Lord of the Manor of Rochdale, not too sure of the boundary of his land (and I've looked), but rain and whitespace are amongst those caches on the land, which is also SSSI.
    The contact for his agent is andrew@crossley-estates.co.uk and he seems ok with giving the permission when asked.

Details of my negotiations to date:
    Broxtowe Borough Council - agreement formalised in line with a Geocaching policy that mirrors our own. GLAD being updated.
    Newark & Sherwood DC - agreement in progress, Geocaches allowed with notification.
    Notts County Council - as above (N & S DC), considering a Geocaching policy which they may require GAGB assistance in writing.
    Shropshire Wildlife Trust - contact made, happy for current Geocaches and agreement to remain, consent still valid.
    Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.

Default Buccleuch Estates

I have approached Buccleuch Estates (large landowners in Southern Scotland). Any response will be posted here.

Good caching

I am currently talking to Claydon House, Buckingham (NT). They cannot give permission for any caches on the NT's land at this time as the NT are planning to put several of their own caches out around the house. Their will be free loans of GPSr's once the caches are put out.

:socool:

Hello everyone,

Just to let you all know I've just sent off a request form placing caches on land belonging to Isle of Anglesey County Council. Fingers crossed

Thumbs up

Anglesey have a CC Ranger lead Geocaching Walk, during the Anglesey Walking Festival, and have been very supportive of Geocaching, very rarely refusing Permission when asked.

A Blanket Agreement would be brilliant

Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress. Yes a blanket agreement or who to contact within Anglesey County Council would be great to add to GLAD.

GAGB Chair
    2015-2020
    GAGB Committee member since March 2014
    UK Mega Event Vice Chairman 2013 (West Midlands)

Testing new vBulletin Emails

Default Leadhills Estate, South Lanarkshire

Leadhills Estate, South Lanarkshire

Negotiations are currently underway with the land manager/owner of the Leadhills Estate, South Lanarkshire. Details of progress will be posted here. The GAGB landowner database manager can be contacted on glad@gagb.org.uk

Default FC New Forest & S. England Land agreements

FC New Forest & S. England Land agreements

These agreements are currently being renewed. The renewed agreement is scheduled to commence 01/01/2016.

The GAGB landowner database manager can be contacted on glad@gagb.org.uk