Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: transfering waypoints

Hi, I have been downlaoding waypionts from gsak to my yellow etrex using the drop2 thingy that was recommended, I now have a 60CSx and assume that I can use waypoints names instead of codes, does anyone know what i have to type into the box in gsak to acheive this?
    directions will need to be step by step cos I'm not to technicaly minded :unsure:
    Cheers in advance

Fi

Fiona, in GSAK, when you choose "GPS" from the menu at the top, then choose "Send waypoints", you get a dialog box. In that box, for "You can build the waypoint name using tags" enter "%smart" (without the double quotes). Then for "Maximum characters" enter the number of characters your gps uses for waypoint ids (usually 6 or 8). Then for "Waypoint description format" enter "%name". Then click "Send".

I use GSAK, but I send to my gps from OzzieExplorer as GSAK doesn't support my gps (an MLR SP24), so though I think that's correct I have no means of testing it.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Perfect
    Thanks for that Bill

SidAndBob Guest

To take advantage of the long fields on the CSx I use:

Waypoint name : %smart%bug
    Waypoint description : %Name(%Dif/%Ter)%by
    Maximum characters : 14

From your map you will be able to see Cache Name (truncacted) and if there's a TB in there. The comment (30 characters) will tell you Full Cache Name, Terrain, Difficulty and who set the cache.

Once you've done this you'll want to set up customized icons so you can see which cache type each is, whether it's enabled etc. But that's another story.

I'll try that
    Thanks Sid and Bob

silverado Guest

i would drop the %bug for more of the cache name, in a high density area where i live bugs don't stay long in caches for long, i guess it all depends on how often you do your pq's