Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Committee

NOMINATIONS CLOSED
    AS OF 09:33am Monday 11/08/03

Hi everybody,

I'm sure you all know by now that the motion of having a "Chair" plus five other and unspecified positions (thus allowing the committee to take shape and evolve as time progresses) has been carried by a poll of the members. Please see HERE if you missed that.

The time has arrived to collect nominations for that position of "Chair".

Please post your nominations here, and if you wish to, include any reasons supporting your candidate.

EDIT
    In view of the point raised by Paul G0TLG below, the nominations will remain open until 09:00am 11th August in order to allow those on holiday to make their nominations. The poll itself will also have to run for three weeks.

The following is now invalid.
    Nominations will be open until 09:00am on Monday 28th after which we will compile a list for a poll which will also run for one week.
    Current status of the nominations :(in alphabetical order)
    Correct as of Aug 7 2003, 06:17 PM

• Pending Acceptance
      • none

• Nominations Accepted
      • Pharisee
      • Tim and June

• Nominations Declined
      • Jstead
      • Lost in Space
      • Team Tate
      • The Wombles

Please post your nominations/aceptances/refusals in this thread.

Paul G0TLG Guest

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works at such an early stage, but...could I request that the poll run for longer? Monday 28th is the first day of my two week holiday B) and I'm very unlikely to be near a PC with internet access in that time.

Since this is the start of the main hol season, I'm probably not the only one in that situation...

Paul

Originally posted by Paul G0TLG@Jul 21 2003, 08:28 AM
    Since this is the start of the main hol season, I'm probably not the only one in that situation...
    Fair comment !

I have asked for feedback in this thread.

Meanwhile we should continue to take nominations.

Chris n Maria Guest

Hmmm,

I think this got lost in the rest of the discussion - so I'm bouncing it back up

Can I suggest a mail shot to all members to say that this is going on as few people check the boards.
    Judging from the other thread the plan is to nominate and vote for a chairman first then the rest of the comittee.

To start the ball rolling I would like to nominate Tim & June who have devoted an awfull lot of their spare time to GAGB and UK cachingl. Personally I don't think we could be in better hands than people who have a proven record of working with the media and landowners. Obviously that depends on whether they want the job or not - I havn't asked them but hope they do?

But lets have some other nominations - there are plenty of good, hardworking people in GAGB, anyone else fancy the job?

Chris
    Chris

The Hornet Guest

I like Chris' idea of a general e-mailing of the membership to let everyone know that this important process is taking place. It was only by chance that I saw this discussion thread on the forum this evening. I guess I'd have heard about it at Winchester if I'd been able to attend.

One possible problem though. When suggesting nominations, the person nominated obviously has to be a member of GAGB. But how do I know if the person (people) I suggest is a member? If they contribute to the forums it's easy, but not everybody does.

I'm just posing the question. I don't have a solution so it's over to you...... :huh:

Originally posted by The Hornet@Jul 22 2003, 09:08 PM
    But how do I know if the person (people) I suggest is a member? If they contribute to the forums it's easy, but not everybody does.
    That's a very good point.

I can only suggest thay you either check with your nominee or nominate anyway, and the caretaking committee can check.

Well spotted that man !
    <span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:green\'><span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>totally brassed off </span></span></span>

I&#39;m nominating Tim and June for joint Chairmanship.

Whilst it might get a little crowded if they both use the Chair at the same time, it seems to me that they both make major contribution to everything that they do, they always cache together as a single unit so it is appropriate that they share the Chair.

If other members feel that this is inappropriate because they feel that the nomination should be for a single person only, then would they please open a new thread for that debate to leave this one for nominations only?

Supporting information for my nomination is that T&J have driven much of the dialogue behind the scenes of GAGB and made it happen. They are amoungst the most active and highest contributors to UK caching, carry the respect of G.com to give GAGB credibility, and feel passionately about GAGB to put time into moving it forwards. They have also demonstrated their willingness to listen to others and allow democracy to take it&#39;s course. Plus of course they enabled UK caching to survive and thrive through the MoD Ant crisis.

Oh, and by the way, they were willing to accept my (un-prompted) nomination.

Dave

Paul G0TLG Guest

Oh Bum&#33; I was going to nominate T&J as well...

Paul

(Edited for spelling 22/7/03)

Gee, thanks you guys, June and I would be honoured to accept your nominations and stand for election.

Thank you for your votes of confidence.

Please though, do continue make your nominations, because there must be others who could do an equally good job.
    <span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:green\'><span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>totally brassed off </span></span></span>

The Hornet Guest

Originally posted by The Wombles@Jul 22 2003, 10:16 PM
    Whilst it might get a little crowded if they both use the Chair at the same time,
    Well I&#39;m sure June could sit on Tim&#39;s knee so they would only need one chair But on second thoughts, given the state of Tim&#39;s knee maybe he should sit on June&#39;s

If there&#39;s any seconding required, put me down to second this excellent suggestion. Although we&#39;ve disagreed about things in the past we&#39;ve always managed to do so in a friendly and hopefully constructive way. Long may they continue.

Now how about some other nominations for the rest of the committee, maybe even north of the "Southern Mother Lode" of geocaching (Hampshire&#33 to spread the representation around the country?

Add my backing to Tim and June for all the reasons already given.
    Enjoy your caching!

we endorse Tim & June for the Chair
    Purley for there Enthusiam and Dedication to Geocaching GB

Hypothetical point:- What would happen if it came to tied vote and the chair had the casting vote and both holder of the chair post had different views

Tim And June for priminister "so long has they don&#39;t have to sing When i&#39;m 64"

If it ain&#39;t broke don&#39;t fix it
    Geocachers do it by Degrees

I also nominate Tim & June (T&J) for the post of Chair. B)

If they show even half the amount of dedication that I, and others, have already seen, then the job will be done with large amounts of professionalism, and diligence.

Having now met them at the HCC cache bash, I&#39;m more than happy to say we&#39;ll be doing OK if they are heading the GAGB.

KUTGW.

BTW, thanks for the admin email. I&#39;d have missed this topic in the recent noise level if I hadn&#39;t seen it...
    One day my sigline will stop changing.
    Until then, it's "Lost in the woods? Not if you remembered to waypoint the car!!".

The Hornet Guest

Oops, wrong thread. Very sorry&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Chris n Maria Guest

<Wrong thread - sorry I blame Hornet for leading me astray >

Chris