• virgin

0 0%
  • other national commercial

1 6.25%

Thread: radio stations

nobbynobbs Guest

so how old do we all feel?
    which do you listen to the most?

for me it's radio 1 but i desert to go to radio 2 first thing in the morning and in the late afternoon. virgin wins in the evening.

:

Looks like radio 1 is a winner so far!!

Not to keen on local radio, too much adverts.

Er, remember listening to Radio Caroline though - does that make me REALLY Old?

:unsure:

keehotee Guest

Radio 1 - paaaah - you youngsters don't know what real wireless broadcasting is..!!

Radio 4 in the morning on the way to work, then some REALLY loud industrial thrash punky metal stuff (or indy guitar pop) if I'm driving during the day, then a mix of both on the way home. B)

Radio 2 gets occassional airtime if I'm listening at the weekend.

But like dunking biscuits, commercial FM radio is a crime against humanity and should not be tolerated in modern society. <_<

nobbynobbs Guest

well you either love or loath chris moyles in the morning&#33;&#33; :lol:

radio caroline... well i remember hearing about it&#33; from much older relatives :lol: :lol:

KathyXB Guest

Radio 1 in the morning driving in the car - whatever time I am on the go depends on whats on (i.e 0630 into work for days or 0745 on way home from nights - which is better cos Moyles is funny)

Generally Radio 1 stays on all day if I&#39;m at home, unless I put Itunes on instead...

Don&#39;t listen to the radio a lot but it has to be Radio 4 for the Archers omnibus, Gardeners&#39; Question time and the classics like The News Quiz, I&#39;m Sorry, I haven&#39;t a Clue, Just a Minute etc. (When I remember to turn it on in time )

nobbynobbs Guest

i only revert to commercial in the evening as radio 2 and radio 1 go all funny after about 7pm&#33;&#33;&#33;

Radio 2 for me unless Steve Wright is boring (as usual)

Used to listen mostly to Radio Solent ..then few months ago the management decided they wanted a younger listener and changed the music profile and presenters .
    Now it&#39;s Classic FM for us ,but it&#39;s not as good as the old style Radio Solent .
    We like Greens

paul.blitz Guest

I&#39;m still a Radio 1 listener, but I have noticed that Moyles does seem to be doing a whole lot more talking, and playing a LOT less music.

It&#39;s not the fact that they are talking, but often the talk is a load of carp. Its not so bad when they are interviewing someone, it&#39;s when they are doing a load of inane in-chat that I get bored.

nobbynobbs Guest

moyles is marmite......

for the insomnia shift 3am -6am it has to be alex lester on radio 2.

KathyXB Guest

I have to say that the in-chat I actually find quite entertaining, but I can see why it would be irritating to some people.