Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Aaaaaaahh....

keehotee Guest

Skynet

Don't these people watch movies??

We all know this will lead to the machines gaining conciousness and taking over the World.
    Then Arnie's going to come back and start shooting people.

Learn from your mistakes people.....!!!!!

I'll be back......

Hahahahahahahahahaha

cacherelle Guest

LMAO either you've been watching too many Arnie films or been consuming one too many E numbers :lol:

nobbynobbs Guest

one of their first posts and they already know you keehotee!! took me a bit longer than that. at least a couple of weeks going to the pub. LOL B)

cacherelle Guest

Must have been something in the beer then!

nobbynobbs Guest

no, i think it was more about the beer in us than what was in the beer to be honest!

ah the good old days drinking in the southwestern aka nellies knob. or upstairs in aggie greys. those were the days

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@Mar 25 2007, 05:14 AM
    no, i think it was more about the beer in us than what was in the beer to be honest!

ah the good old days drinking in the southwestern aka nellies knob. or upstairs in aggie greys. those were the days
    Bluddy heck!
    Did yah??????? I used to live round there back in the day, the ol' bat still does!, lmao we had unwritten rule that The Bridge was MY stomping ground and The Junction was hers......................Nellie's Knob was first in territory, if I spotted her in there, it was one drink and back to the Bridge!! LMAO the old Nellie's Knob sign used to freak me out :unsure:

Aggie Greys, I remember that name but can't remember where it was - wasn't where Mado's was was it??

keehotee Guest

Aggie's was opposite the old So'ton College bit on St Marys Road - I used to live in Portswood until I saw the light and headed west...

Where's Mado's?

cacherelle Guest

Aaaarrrggg still can't place it, but know the name really well - doh where's the embarrassed smiley round here!

Mado's was where The Box/The Edge is, can't remember which it is now it's changed so many times, and is now a gay hotspot!

And OMG I used to live in Portswood too, Gordon Avenue, had The Gordon Arms on one corner and Chandlers Offy on the other!!! :lol: :lol:

keehotee Guest

No way - I lived in Gordon Avenue with pseudo wife #1 - then had a flat at the top end by Alma Road with wife#2 - before we moved to Earls Road.

I loved that offy - always had Colt 45 on special. And Blockbuster round the corner. And Safeway. And the cafe opposite for late hangover breakfasts. And the burger van opposite the Gordon that stayed there until 2am on a Sunday morning and did REALLY vile mushroom burgers (more meat in the 'shrooms than the burger). And...and....and..........

nobbynobbs Guest

aggies. walk from the huge british gas building towards six dials along st marys you've got the gay night club on left then further up on the right the first building is/was aggies. opposite the gym isn't it?

so depending on the timings we were all staggering around in drunken hazes blindliy unaware. well obviously i was aware of kehottee hard not to be when i was dosing down on his floor!! :lol: when i could get back to southampton at the weekend that was!

B)

cacherelle Guest

LMAO you really DID like Portswood you liar! :P :P

That Safeway is now much more upper class.............it's a Waitrose now! And the offy still has some great deals in there

Gutted Subway wasn't around when I lived there, can't eat it now

This is getting like the "Where the cluck are we?" thread! :lol:

BTW, keehotee... get your @rse over there and put a new cache up, will you? You got The Lonely Shepherd right! :lol: :P

cacherelle Guest

LOL you're down memory lane by the looks of it!

KathyXB Guest

Must remember to show my face in here more often methinks

nobbynobbs Guest

Originally posted by KathyXB@Mar 27 2007, 04:52 AM
    Must remember to show my face in here more often methinks
    from someone who used to work in "the dungeon" in bevios valley.

and can also recall visits to the hobbit and similar.

if only we had caching back then!!

keehotee Guest

We did - but we called it "Drinkingbeer", and instead of a GPS we had beer, and we used to drive all over the country to find different types of beer. We would invariably take some "beer" from the cache (or PUB, as we called them then) and leave behind a small number of tokens (or MONEY).
    If I remember correctly, TB's back then were made of glass, and held about a pint, and were considered collectable if embossed with the logo of either the cache, or the beer we had swapped.....

KathyXB Guest

I wonder if you can set a program to download pubs as waypoints...

nobbynobbs Guest

tim are you trying to get me to admit to collecting a large number of the old style TB's ??? :lol:

as if.... i was only borrowing them, honest.

and kathy.... i'm pretty sure some sad.... i mean gifted individual has done something like that on that weird waymarking site.... not that i've ever looked or ever will.

Pub waypoints. I haven't looked at the file though, and I don't know how accurate it'll be as it's based on their postcodes.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

keehotee Guest

But they're only Laaaarrnden pubs...... surely London's like Winchester - just pick a direction, any direction, and walk 10 yards to the next pub.

LOL

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@Mar 26 2007, 07:32 PM
    aggies. walk from the huge british gas building towards six dials along st marys you've got the gay night club on left then further up on the right the first building is/was aggies. opposite the gym isn't it?

so depending on the timings we were all staggering around in drunken hazes blindliy unaware. well obviously i was aware of kehottee hard not to be when i was dosing down on his floor!! :lol: when i could get back to southampton at the weekend that was!

B)
    OMG I thought it was!!! Yeah that then change what is The Edge or Box, and was also called Mado's!!!! Waaaaahaaaaay thought it was that one, cos I went there for years! The gay nightclub was called The Magnum............a copper took me and my mate there once while he was on his rounds!!!! A long story! :unsure:

Then the nightclub went straight and was called Club M.................WICKED Drum & Bass night down there on a Friday.....................til turned back to gayness!

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by keehotee@Mar 27 2007, 05:34 AM
    We did - but we called it "Drinkingbeer", and instead of a GPS we had beer, and we used to drive all over the country to find different types of beer. We would invariably take some "beer" from the cache (or PUB, as we called them then) and leave behind a small number of tokens (or MONEY).
    If I remember correctly, TB's back then were made of glass, and held about a pint, and were considered collectable if embossed with the logo of either the cache, or the beer we had swapped.....
    LMAO the beer towels and ashtrays were also collectables, but non trackable ones (well except for the ones I made into a beachtowel!&#33

nobbynobbs Guest

i seem to remember an ashtray TB from a camping trip!!!! not here though!

and this story of being taken to a batting for the other team night club sounds interesting!! :lol:

ah aggies , pint of beer, comfy sofa, newspapers and board games! B)