Thanks Thanks:  0

View Poll Results: What's your favourite type of cache?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cache and Dash

3 10.71%
  • Multi Caches

3 10.71%
  • Puzzle Caches

2 7.14%
  • Caches in strange/difficult places to get to

6 21.43%
  • Virtual Caches

0 0%
  • Big Caches with lots of top quality goodies in

2 7.14%
  • Like them ALL

12 42.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favourite caches

keehotee Guest

And in case someone reading this tonight wants to grab the Jeep, its near J21a of the M1
    I had a green jeep TB a couple of months ago, and altruistic fool that I am I passed it on at a meet.
    Now I want another one - but to keep - so I can copy the number onto the big TB tags I'd paint on top of my own BIG green jeep.

(of course, if anybody wants to pass one along to me........... )

Originally posted by keehotee@Apr 25 2007, 04:05 PM

I had a green jeep TB a couple of months ago, and altruistic fool that I am I passed it on at a meet.
    Now I want another one - but to keep - so I can copy the number onto the big TB tags I'd paint on top of my own BIG green jeep.

(of course, if anybody wants to pass one along to me........... )
    I hope I don't offend you with this comment But
    I find it quite sad that people are keeping jeeps when there are so many people that haven't seen them yet.
    As far as I'm aware no green or yellow jeep has never made it to norfolk and the only way I saw them was to travel to an event. I have had the pleasure of moving a white jeep once but am resigned the the fact that my kids will never see a green or yellow as I will never get the oppertunity to bring them home for them to see. (I didn't take them to the meet cos it was 1 1/2 hours drive each way).
    This of course is only my personal view and I hope I haven't upset anyone

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by Alice Band+Apr 25 2007, 12:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alice Band @ Apr 25 2007, 12:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cacherelle@Apr 24 2007, 09:39 PM
    Aaaah wondered what that funny smell was in here&#33;&#33;&#33; :P :P :P :P :P
    My neighbours and I (when I lived in Southsea) all labled Pompey as &#39;The Bog of Eternal Stench&#39;. By eck, when those scree clouds came in from the sea from time to time it made the whole town smell baaaaad. I have to say I don&#39;t miss that part, living in a landlocked county that I do.

Funnily enough I&#39;ve been in contact all day today with Southampton Uni and was reminiscing about bits of it. Apparently the Titanic monument is in a dreadful state [/b][/quote]
    Hmm a LOT of SOuthampton heritage isn&#39;t looked after.....................but then it&#39;s future isn&#39;t either&#33; Darn council never seem to get it right......................laser beams out of the civic clock I mean what the heck is that all about???? They want to put us on the map............of monumental c**k ups?? :angry:

The cheese grater was bad enough, why do we have to endure more of this ridiculous waste of money when like you say, memorials etc are left to deteriorate................OMG I&#39;m going off on one again&#33; :unsure: :unsure:

cacherelle Guest

Awww I haven&#39;t seen a jeep either&#33;

But then I&#39;m not seeing half the geocoins that are meant to be in caches at the mo either&#33;&#33; So far I&#39;ve seen 2 geocoins in total&#33;&#33;

nobbynobbs Guest

they are out there, coins that is. have to admit i&#39;m a bit of an icon whore and will go out of my way to see and note the coins etc.

there was talk at one point of releasing a few range rover TB&#39;s to rival that cheap usa import. :lol:

keehotee Guest

there was talk at one point of releasing a few range rover TB&#39;s to rival that cheap usa import.
    They did - but they were only ever put into roadside cache n&#39; dashes, as the tags started falling off when they went too far off road....

LOL (and waits with hard hat on for inevitable flak)

nobbynobbs Guest

roadside cache and dashes just outside schools at that... but then most jeeps can be found in those as well&#33;&#33;

cacherelle Guest

LOL bet you find loads very close to dealerships or garages....................my dad&#39;s Jeep is constantly having to be fixed&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

keehotee Guest

Harumpphhh - Mine&#39;s only ever broken down once. OK, that was a nackered water pump, on the Moor, in the dark - and it was raining, and I had passengers. But it did manage to get us home, and apart from that it&#39;s been fine........ :unsure: (looks around nervously for a bit of wood to touch)

Going back to keehotee&#39;s Green Jeep idea ...
    (OK, I&#39;m playing catch-up, I&#39;ve been away from this Forum for a few days... did you miss me?... nope?... never mind...)

The idea of putting the giant TB tags with real GJ numbers onto his own full-sized jeep would be a great idea&#33; The original small GJ could then be released off on its travels again, but anyone could "discover" keehotee&#39;s GJ and thus get the GJ icon.

It would work the same way as sending out a laminated copy of a geocoin to travel, whilst keeping the original coin in your pocket to show off to folks at Events.

Keehotee - start producing a metal tag for your own GJ (I guess it needs to be about 5ft long x 2ft wide ) and I&#39;ll look out for a small GJ to get the numbers for you. This could be set up by Carry on Camping&#33;

:lol: :P

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by keehotee@Apr 28 2007, 01:37 PM
    Harumpphhh - Mine&#39;s only ever broken down once. OK, that was a nackered water pump, on the Moor, in the dark - and it was raining, and I had passengers. But it did manage to get us home, and apart from that it&#39;s been fine........ :unsure: (looks around nervously for a bit of wood to touch)
    Well that&#39;s a good track record, but how long have you owned it?? A week??? :P :P

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by Mrs Blorenge@Apr 29 2007, 05:38 PM

(OK, I&#39;m playing catch-up, I&#39;ve been away from this Forum for a few days... did you miss me?... nope?... never mind...)

Well I don&#39;t know you enough to miss you, but I did notice you&#39;d been missing...............is that any good??

LOL and now I know why I have a laminate here and NOT a geocoin&#33; Thanks for that Mrs B&#33;&#33;