I am honoured to be a "Nominee" for the new committee. However before accepting or declining I would like to find out a little more about what is involved. I've looked through past posts and haven't been able to find anything definitive. I guess this isn't surprising as the association is in a nascent phase and is only just forming. However the proposed committee candidates must surely know what they are being expected to do for both the GAGB members and for geocachers in general.

I would like to ask everyone what they want the committee to do for them.

Do you want it to try to negotiate more "deals" with landowners in the same vein and that with Hampshire CC?
Do you want it to raise "local" issues with GC.COM?
Do you want it to negotiate deals with suppliers for "cheap" merchandise?
Do you want it to................................?

None of these ideas are sacrosanct, just vague musings of my own. I'm really trying to prompt a discussion so that all candidates (myself included) can get a clearer idea of what sort of commitment will be needed.

Also, does anyone have any idea of how the "meetings" will take place. Looking at the list of nominees I see people from all corners of the country - (and a good thing too). So how do "we/they" get together for meetings? Are they done face to face? If so where in the country do they take place? How often, etc? Or are they done via teleconferencing? Or online via something like Netmeeting?

I'm trying to gauge what sort of commitment is required so that people can make an informed decision whether or not to accept . So please help out with your thoughts.

Many thanks. Peter.