Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Waahaay 100th cache!

cacherelle Guest

Waaahaaaaaay : The Pirates of the Cache-ibbean have found their 100th cache.........................................in a Pigeon's Bum in Brum!!!! Garrrrr it don't get much better than that eh??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

We've just spent a weekend caching in Dudley and can THOROUHLY recommend LollyBob's Walk to the Shops Series!! We walked around 9 miles that day and got all but 2 in the series (in our defence there were a LOT of anglers and dog walkers, then shoppers at the end), stealth was required at most of them and there were a whole range of containers............BRILLIANT!

But obviously our best was the 100th one as it was just down the road from the First Mates house in Dudley.........he can't believe how many times he used to walk his dog past it (obviously pre caching days&#33.

And BIG thanks to FunLovingGeocacher not only for the cache but also the very prompt congratulatory email

nobbynobbs Guest

now normally people wait for someone to start a thread to congratulate them... not start one yourself :lol: i don't know some people!!

congrats.

ah dudley...so many jokes so little time!!! :lol:

Big congratulations on reaching 100 finds...!!!
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

keehotee Guest

Dudley's a lovely place - I've seen THE DUDLEY BUG (under the zoo). And then there's the Black Country Museum, too. Oh - and after searching for 6 months, I once managed to buy a bored, polished, 12G940 head in a shop in Dudley.

Special bonus prize for the first person to know what a 12G940 head is, and what special mods I needed to make to the carbs to get it to work in a 1275GT - without googling........

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 8 2007, 06:35 AM
    now normally people wait for someone to start a thread to congratulate them... not start one yourself :lol: i don't know some people!!

congrats.

ah dudley...so many jokes so little time!!! :lol:
    LOL sorry, but I'm used to being left on forums, so I just get on with it myself!

KathyXB Guest

LOL well done :lol:

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by Bill D (wwh)@May 8 2007, 12:44 PM
    Big congratulations on reaching 100 finds...!!!
    LOL thanks Bill and Kathy

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by keehotee@May 8 2007, 03:37 PM
    Dudley's a lovely place - I've seen THE DUDLEY BUG (under the zoo). And then there's the Black Country Museum, too. Oh - and after searching for 6 months, I once managed to buy a bored, polished, 12G940 head in a shop in Dudley.

Special bonus prize for the first person to know what a 12G940 head is, and what special mods I needed to make to the carbs to get it to work in a 1275GT - without googling........
    YEAH I love the Black Country Museum!!

Oh and for the thing you bought it sounds like it's rude, and the mods were done using a hammer???

nobbynobbs Guest

Originally posted by keehotee@May 8 2007, 03:37 PM

well the 1275 was from a fine example of english engineering so as a wild guess...

either a manifold, some part of an air intake or an exhaust part???

i miss my old one!!

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs+May 8 2007, 07:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nobbynobbs @ May 8 2007, 07:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-keehotee@May 8 2007, 03:37 PM
    and after searching for 6 months, I once managed to buy a bored, polished, 12G940 head in a shop in Dudley.

well the 1275 was from a fine example of english engineering so as a wild guess...

either a manifold, some part of an air intake or an exhaust part???

i miss my old one&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    *AHEM* Excuse me you two, this WAS supposed to be a happy congratulatory thread....................not some rusty pair reminiscing about the ol&#39; days and their parts&#33;

keehotee Guest

Sorry cacherelle - congrats - big hugs - etc.......... :P

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by keehotee@May 9 2007, 05:01 PM
    Sorry cacherelle - congrats - big hugs - etc.......... :P
    Apology accepted, congrats welcomed, hugs greatly appreciated

nobbynobbs Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 8 2007, 07:19 PM
    i miss my old one&#33;&#33;
    but it was still on topic... see it was you i meant&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by cacherelle@May 9 2007, 03:11 PM
    *AHEM* Excuse me you two, this WAS supposed to be a happy congratulatory thread....................not some rusty pair reminiscing about the ol&#39; days and their parts&#33;

:unsure:
    They have a rusty pair of parts?
    A good once-over with a wire brush and a liberal coating of WD-40 may help.

Congratulations cacherelle&#33;

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs+May 9 2007, 08:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nobbynobbs @ May 9 2007, 08:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nobbynobbs@May 8 2007, 07:19 PM
    but it was still on topic... see it was you i meant&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    LMAO well I&#39;m honoured you missed me.......................but I ain&#39;t old yet&#33; :P :P :P

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by Mrs Blorenge@May 9 2007, 08:54 PM

:unsure:
    They have a rusty pair of parts?
    A good once-over with a wire brush and a liberal coating of WD-40 may help.

Congratulations cacherelle&#33;

OOO yeah or steel wool WITHOUT the lubricant&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

Awww thanks for the congrats Mrs B

nobbynobbs Guest

Originally posted by cacherelle+May 9 2007, 10:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cacherelle @ May 9 2007, 10:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 9 2007, 08:01 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-nobbynobbs
    @May 8 2007, 07:19 PM

but it was still on topic... see it was you i meant&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:
    LMAO well I&#39;m honoured you missed me.......................but I ain&#39;t old yet&#33; :P :P :P [/b][/quote]
    not far away though isn&#39;t it :lol:

Alice Band Guest

Congratulations&#33; Now you need to do the cache up Newton&#39;s bum in London

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs+May 10 2007, 05:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nobbynobbs @ May 10 2007, 05:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by cacherelle@May 9 2007, 10:38 PM
    Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 9 2007, 08:01 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-nobbynobbs
    @May 8 2007, 07:19 PM

LMAO well I&#39;m honoured you missed me.......................but I ain&#39;t old yet&#33; :P :P :P
    not far away though isn&#39;t it :lol: [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re as old as you feel........................he&#39;s 29&#33; :P

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by Alice Band@May 10 2007, 10:15 AM
    Congratulations&#33; Now you need to do the cache up Newton&#39;s bum in London
    LOL cheers&#33; Erm Newton&#39;s bum..............I kinda want to ask, and at the same time, don&#39;t think I want to know&#33;&#33;&#33; :

Alice Band Guest

There is a cache in London...The clue once read - look up Newton&#39;s bum

nobbynobbs Guest

:lol: :lol:

thing is after that did you have to put your finger/hands up....... :lol:

how old do i feel? 18 and not a day older. well ok 8&#33;&#33;&#33;

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 11 2007, 06:07 AM
    :lol: :lol:

how old do i feel? 18 and not a day older. well ok 8&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Well don&#39;t know how old you&#39;re feeling............................but you&#39;re CERTAINLY acting like an 8 year old&#33;&#33; :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alice Band Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 11 2007, 05:07 AM
    Well, to put it this way, I was glad I&#39;m tall

nobbynobbs Guest

:lol: :lol: :

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by Alice Band+May 11 2007, 05:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alice Band @ May 11 2007, 05:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nobbynobbs@May 11 2007, 05:07 AM
    Well, to put it this way, I was glad I&#39;m tall [/b][/quote]
    So are you saying you used your nose???

Alice Band Guest

Lets not go there - I&#39;m still traumatised from the experience

But its true - you need to be tall to do that cache h34r:

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by Alice Band@May 14 2007, 09:55 AM
    Lets not go there - I&#39;m still traumatised from the experience

But its true - you need to be tall to do that cache h34r:
    LMAO&#33;&#33; HAve one of these :cheers: to get over the trauma

Hmmm so if I ever try that I need to get our tallest pirate interested and not the First Mate............he&#39;s so short the rest of us trip over him&#33;&#33; : :