Thanks Thanks:  0

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite cache container?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tupperware

13 40.63%
  • Ammo boxes

13 40.63%
  • Other

6 18.75%

Thread: Favourite cache container

cacherelle Guest

I know thisis similar to my last poll, think of this as my market research!

Very simple really, for a regular sized cache, which do you prefer to find? Or find easier to get into? Or whatever really, BUT if you vote for 'other', can you please elaborate on what it was, thanks

I've voted tupperware. I like the snap lock plastic boxes best. I don't like ammo cans because they're often noisy to open and so liable to attract attention in quiet spots, sometimes the catches are very stiff, and they can also be painful on occasion...!

I doubt if many will agree with me about tupperware... opcorn:
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

KathyXB Guest

I did vote tupperware BUT would like to specify that cache containers should be the quality, well sealed and fairly rugged ones not the cheap and quite nasty variants - they will crack and leak and after a while the cache contents will be permanently soggy, ergh.

As for size, not that you asked, but far rather a decent sized cache that can have TB's and swaps. Micros have their place but really only when the location is so good it warrants bringing people to Too often micros can be shoved in a grotty little hole in some place you just look at them and think, "why??"

"I doubt if many will agree with me about tupperware..."

We agree .
    We much prefer the clip close type container .

I can't easily open or close ammos so have to ask hubby which makes me feel like a child .
    Plus too many times we've had difficulty finding ammos placed under the dead leaves under those wide spreading holly trees .That doesn't seem to happen with tupperware .
    We like Greens

nobbynobbs Guest

for durability and dryness nothing beats an ammo box. safe from mice and so on and with the normal level of maintenance should remain easy to open to all.

those tupperware containers are limited in lifetime and so on. the cheap ones will break too quickly and the expensive ones are not much better.

either are better than margarine tubs!!! and i've seen a few of them!

keehotee Guest

Tupperware does it for me - either snap-loc, or screw top (phwaaaaar)

Edited to remove anti-rural micro rant

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by keehotee@May 16 2007, 06:12 AM
    Tupperware does it for me - either snap-loc, or screw top (phwaaaaar)

WOOAAAH! Easy tiger! :P

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by Bill D (wwh)@May 15 2007, 05:05 PM
    they're often noisy to open and so liable to attract attention in quiet spots, sometimes the catches are very stiff, and they can also be painful on occasion...!
    LOL there's SO much I want to say about your post Bill...............but I'll behave! :wacko: :wacko:

cacherelle Guest

Thanks to every that's replied so far, it's given me MORE to think about

nobbynobbs Guest

at the end of the day it depends on what you're happy with. you've found plenty so what type do you like the most...

you could also go along the route of the unusual... well it would suit your personality :lol: and find something odd that isn't normally used but could be used as a disguise...

cacherelle wrote:
    LOL there's SO much I want to say about your post Bill...............but I'll behave!
    Aw, go on... It's ages since we've had a flame war in here.... opcorn: :lol:
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

We've actually used a container that was used to hold sunflower seeds, it fitted the hidey hole like a glove. The next one is likely to be a large ammo box - hopefully big enough to hold a football! The one after that is likely to have to be custom made and the next one, well we have to find a suitable place to put it first but yet again it should be wicked!
    Who's had the accident!!
    Who called the doctor?

nobbynobbs Guest

variety is the spice of life :cheers:

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 17 2007, 06:08 AM

you could also go along the route of the unusual... well it would suit your personality :lol:
    Yah cheeeeeeky monkey! :P (not you DR Ape )

Well I think I really like ammo boxes, but since that trip to Birmingham and all those unusual caches up there I thought perhaps something a little different BUT I'm not being very inventive at the mo work is completely draining my creative juices!!! :angry:

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by Bill D (wwh)@May 17 2007, 01:21 PM
    cacherelle wrote:
    LOL there's SO much I want to say about your post Bill...............but I'll behave!
    Aw, go on... It's ages since we've had a flame war in here.... opcorn: :lol:
    LOL flame war??? I was only being a tad risque in relation to your post

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 17 2007, 07:34 PM
    That's what I keep telling the bf but he just doesn't agree

ps that ^^ was a joke

nobbynobbs Guest

Originally posted by cacherelle+May 17 2007, 09:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cacherelle @ May 17 2007, 09:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nobbynobbs@May 17 2007, 07:34 PM
    That&#39;s what I keep telling the bf but he just doesn&#39;t agree

ps that ^^ was a joke [/b][/quote]
    yeah but would brad pitt agree anyway? :lol:

now i can think of one regular who could give you tips on original and disguised cace containers... but i shall leave it to him to email you with the details. lots of effort involved but the results are very good.

to be honest i&#39;d spend more mental effort deciding on a location than on what container to use.

keehotee Guest

You could do one like this

or this

or this

or even this

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by keehotee@May 18 2007, 06:37 AM
    You could do one like this

LMAO I&#39;m not surprised you do them like that what with drinking Hobgoblin and eating KFC&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :P :P :P

But thanks for the creative ideas, they&#39;re really cool&#33; Must look out for some of your caches

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 18 2007, 05:56 AM

to be honest i&#39;d spend more mental effort deciding on a location than on what container to use.
    Aaaah already got a nice little spot in mind, checked it out last weekend Just got to put the thinking into how to set it all up, but wanted to know what people liked to find at the end, the most. I love all caches cos I&#39;m addicted, but if I HAD to pick one, I&#39;d probably go for the ammo box. Having said that, I do have a hankering to do something a bit different :

nobbynobbs Guest

ftf opportunity coming up in and around southampton then&#33;&#33;

on your marks&#33; :cheers:

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 18 2007, 10:49 AM
    ftf opportunity coming up in and around southampton then&#33;&#33;

on your marks&#33; :cheers:
    LMAO well you&#39;ll be a little way out in Southampton :P

nobbynobbs Guest

got to be near to home or else i&#39;lll tell teacher that you&#39;ve broken the rules&#33;&#33; LOL

keehotee Guest

LMAO well you&#39;ll be a little way out in Southampton
    Put it in Exeter - go on, I dare ya...

It&#39;s alright - I&#39;ve just checked the guidelines and you&#39;re allowed to ....

nobbynobbs Guest

put it half way. there&#39;s a huge black hole to be filled and it&#39;ll make a race of it. :lol:

keehotee - nice containers ... but I can&#39;t make out that second pic ... What is it?

and

(just because I&#39;m nosey)

What&#39;s a Floppy Pot? :huh:

:lol:

keehotee Guest

The second one&#39;s a micro hanging from a tree....
    ...and Floppy Pots is my wife&#39;s trading name (Floppy Pots Creative Crochet). She crochets things that you wouldn&#39;t normally see croched - like teapots, and food, and stuff... :wacko:

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 19 2007, 05:16 AM
    put it half way. there&#39;s a huge black hole to be filled and it&#39;ll make a race of it. :lol:
    Actually nobby and keehotee, if all goes well, it will be part the way from Southampton to Exeter.

Might even get to put one in Plymouth at some point and possibly Bude at a later date, they&#39;re all places where my family live and I can visit easily, or get them to visit on my behalf

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by keehotee@May 19 2007, 10:33 AM
    She crochets things that you wouldn&#39;t normally see croched - like teapots, and food, and stuff... :wacko:
    LMAO don&#39;t EVER let her take the mickey out of your hobby&#33;&#33;&#33;

:socool: Well done Mrs B, I was being restrained and not asking :P

keehotee Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    If I made as much money out of caching as she does from playing with wool I&#39;d be a happy happy man.....

nobbynobbs Guest

Originally posted by cacherelle+May 19 2007, 02:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cacherelle @ May 19 2007, 02:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nobbynobbs@May 19 2007, 05:16 AM
    Actually nobby and keehotee, if all goes well, it will be part the way from Southampton to Exeter.

Might even get to put one in Plymouth at some point and possibly Bude at a later date, they&#39;re all places where my family live and I can visit easily, or get them to visit on my behalf [/b][/quote]
    i never realised that there were mental health institutions in such lovely places&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

i&#39;m just being so good resisting any gags regarding the name of the crochet work. :wacko:

ideal. if you could get the cache out in a couple of weeks, i&#39;m planning a drive that way soon&#33;

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by keehotee@May 19 2007, 03:35 PM
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    If I made as much money out of caching as she does from playing with wool I&#39;d be a happy happy man.....
    Well let&#39;s see.......................she could knit you cache containers that you could sell???? :P

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 19 2007, 09:25 PM

ideal. if you could get the cache out in a couple of weeks, i&#39;m planning a drive that way soon&#33;
    ARRRG nothing like pressure&#33; :P

Not sure I can do that, what with arraging a certain party in June on a boat&#33;&#33;

nobbynobbs Guest

making money from caching...

well i recon you&#39;d easily make some cash selling those containers you&#39;ve been making.

party? did someone say party? :cheers: when and where?

that&#39;s a poor excuse to not get a cache out. surely you&#39;ll want to mark the occasion with a lovely shining cache....

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 20 2007, 05:19 AM

that&#39;s a poor excuse to not get a cache out. surely you&#39;ll want to mark the occasion with a lovely shining cache....
    I do I do I do I do I do I do I do I do I DO :wacko: :wacko:

BUT also gotta do a party, so IF I get any time inbetween then I will work on it :P I have got a TB here ready and waiting to be released on my birthday though&#33;

keehotee Guest

Hey - your birthday clashes with CoC - are you going to postpone it ???? :lol: :lol: Most people try to put off the big "four oh" for as long as possible...
    When I get that old I may even consider delaying it myself - but I&#39;m having so much fun as a 21 year old, I may never get there :unsure: :P

nobbynobbs Guest

june&#39;s filling up appointment wise... when do you want us all round? :cheers:

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by keehotee@May 20 2007, 06:34 PM
    Hey - your birthday clashes with CoC - are you going to postpone it ???? :lol: :lol: Most people try to put off the big "four oh" for as long as possible...
    When I get that old I may even consider delaying it myself - but I&#39;m having so much fun as a 21 year old, I may never get there :unsure: :P
    Ermmm whats CoC

Hey being "four ohhhhhhhhhh" doesn&#39;t bother me in the slightest, as long as I&#39;m healthy (ish) and fit (ish) to be able to go caching and snowboarding...........I&#39;m happy&#33;

nobby - I thought I was gatecrashing YOUR birthday bash as my caching party :P :P :P

KathyXB Guest

Originally posted by cacherelle@May 20 2007, 10:51 PM

Ermmm whats CoC

Ah, see clicky link Carry On Camping

:socool:

nobbynobbs Guest

Originally posted by cacherelle@May 20 2007, 10:51 PM

nobby - I thought I was gatecrashing YOUR birthday bash as my caching party :P :P :P
    your welcome..... :cheers:

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by KathyXB+May 21 2007, 12:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KathyXB @ May 21 2007, 12:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cacherelle@May 20 2007, 10:51 PM

Ermmm whats CoC

Ah, see clicky link Carry On Camping

:socool: [/b][/quote]
    Aha&#33; Cheers kathy, it all makes sense now&#33; Well obviously I won&#39;t be attending as I will be out on the high seas with plenty of beer..................ermm just like a pirate SHOULD be on their birthday&#33;&#33; :socool:

cacherelle Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs+May 21 2007, 06:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nobbynobbs @ May 21 2007, 06:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cacherelle@May 20 2007, 10:51 PM

your welcome..... :cheers: [/b][/quote]
    HA HA cheers nobby :cheers:

Cool Cache containers

I would like to clarify my vote 'other'. My own personal favourite cache containers are those were the CO has used done imagination and skill and actually manufactured their cache. Nothing beats finding something unusual and that will make you smile; sure beats a 35mm film pot or plastic 'bucket'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli Monsters View Post
    I would like to clarify my vote 'other'. My own personal favourite cache containers are those were the CO has used done imagination and skill and actually manufactured their cache. Nothing beats finding something unusual and that will make you smile; sure beats a 35mm film pot or plastic 'bucket'.
    Quoted for truth.

Otherwise I happy to go find anything as long as it's not too small. I'm not fond of tiny nanos I can't get the log in and out of. If it's of a good size and water proof then that's just fine

OK so 12 years on -
    I voted 'other' as we are now quite into the inventive cache hide - we have many of our own hand crafted and like to find these type too.
    It is evident from the amount of fav points that these get that other cachers like to find these too
    Tim - ddm