Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: We need a nice chatroom

redtalut Guest

I say wouldnt it be nice to have a chat real time with some of you lovely people instead of leaving a message and then waiting for a reply from someone who is not even online. Somewhere to asked silly questions that need silly answers before they build and start a war. Where you could go and say "I fancy finding a difficult cache who wants to come along" or "I'm going to try those caches in swaffham anyone fancy a coffee half way or help me to finish" and other small but significant questions.

My thought is could we attach a chat room to this forum? Is it possible or am I barking up the wrong tree or just barking mad?

Your thoughts appreciated.
    Brian
    :huh:

There's a UK caching chat room here. Enter your geocaching.com caching name and click "Let's Chat". You need Java installed to use it. If you need any further help, there's a thread about it in the Groundspeak forums here.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

nobbynobbs Guest

plus i wouldn't feel worried about saying/asking anything here. i can't remember any thread that even got a little warm let alone heated.

so feel free to post away with fair safety. :coffee:

molfrew-mosstoad Guest

Originally posted by nobbynobbs@May 25 2007, 05:31 AM
    plus i wouldn't feel worried about saying/asking anything here. i can't remember any thread that even got a little warm let alone heated.

Yeah its not like the main GC site which has been known to get a little stormy, usually over nothing

As I&#39;m the Tea Lady in the Geocaching Chatroom (in Bill&#39;s link) can I say that we&#39;re happy to see anybody drop in. It can be very quiet during the day when several cachers may be logged in but not necessary "awake" and talking. Usually more are around after 9pm... feel free to call in, say "hi", or just "lurk" for a while til you get used to the <s>weird</s> different characters in there.
    Actually... Keehotee just fell in thru the door... but then fell out again

Rebble Guest

Hello Mrs Blorenge, how&#39;s &#39;bout a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake? opcorn:

A Chat room? Now that would be good but why not one on this site Bill? Instead of logging in elsewhere?

Anyhow seeing as I seem to log on and no one else ever is I&#39;d probably end talking to myself :wacko:

(Nothing new there then :lol: )

nobbynobbs Guest

i think that the only reasons that one hasn&#39;t been initiated here is that there&#39;s never been that many people on at the same time plus a very good chat room already exists. so why invent the wheel again? mrs b can only make tea for one room at a time, it&#39;ll confuse her :lol: :coffee:

Redtalut dropped in for a cuppa this morning, but I&#39;m going to have to ask him to bring his own tea bags cos he likes two for a strong mugful

Rebble wrote:
    A Chat room? Now that would be good but why not one on this site Bill? Instead of logging in elsewhere?
    Well, it&#39;s a thought, but as Matt says, we&#39;d maybe be re-inventing the wheel...&#33; If there proved to be sufficient demand then we&#39;d consider it, but it does look as if most people are happy with what&#39;s there already. And anyway, there&#39;s all those extra cups of tea poor Mrs B would have to make...&#33; :coffee: :lol:
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Mrs B makes a very nice Cuppa T, Thanxs.
    Who's had the accident!!
    Who called the doctor?