Thanks Thanks:  5

Thread: What would GAGB members want from the new committee

Default What would GAGB members want from the new committee

As i am standing for the committee and would like to be able to represent all geocachers i am interested to know what the members hope for / expect from their representatives

Exclamation

I'd like our new committee to use the full spectrum of options to solicit feedback and input - including social media, forum, internal and external surveys, forum outreach programme.

However, though I'm sure your question is well intentioned, I'd suggest leaving it until after our committee election, otherwise we could easily end up with a flood of requirements that we'll feel obliged to respond to but won't actually add much to our hustings debate. Our members will potentially need to read 14 or more replies to each question in any case, to decide for whom to vote! Let's not make it harder for them

Quote Originally Posted by sandvika View Post
    I'd like our new committee to use the full spectrum of options to solicit feedback and input - including social media, forum, internal and external surveys, forum outreach programme.

However, though I'm sure your question is well intentioned, I'd suggest leaving it until after our committee election, otherwise we could easily end up with a flood of requirements that we'll feel obliged to respond to but won't actually add much to our hustings debate. Our members will potentially need to read 14 or more replies to each question in any case, to decide for whom to vote! Let's not make it harder for them
    Agreed

Thanks
    Dominic

Quote Originally Posted by sandvika View Post

The idea is to get some new ideas , i agree that we could end up with a flood of ideas, but as a new committee trying to move forward we need to have some sugestions so initial changes can be put in place some of the prioritys would be the land data base and showing the members that they play a key part in the Association.

I too would like to know what GAGB members want and I think after the Committee has been voted for and chosen all (including the unsuccessful candidates as we want the best for the GAGB or we wouldn't be standing) should go back to our local areas and ask at events, regional FB groups, your caching partner and anywhere else we can think of what cachers want.

Then the GAGB can move in the direction the members want.

Lilian

Default GAGB role

I would like to see the GAGB carry out the following:

Petition and negotiate with Groundspeak to influence it with respect of the cachers in the UK. Particularly with regards to the guidelines.

Promote Geocaching to the general public. So more people are aware of the activity and continue to grow the number of people that take up the activity.

Continue to negotiate landowner agreements.

I would like the committee to be a voice for all UK geocachers and to be listing company agnsotic.

I would like the committee to understand that the role maybe huge and that they will need to prioritise things and that they will not be able be everything to all UK cachers but if they are open and willing to particpate, I for one (and I am sure there are many others) will be supportive.

I would like the committee to act as a single body and not have public divisions. We all know that discussion has to take place and that we don't always agree with everything that has been said but once a decision has been made, the committee should be 100% behind it.

Primarily, I would like the current open and transparent discussion to carry on and wherever possible, it should be in the public environment rather than in a member only - that way we can be seen as listening to members and potential new members.

I note the previous comments as they are actually answering the original question. If I am not elected then I will make a number of requests of our committee, and I will add my voice to the previous two members.