Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Forum Feature Request

uktim Guest

Default Forum Feature Request

Is it possible to set things up so that we can ignore some of the forums (Off Topic for example) so that they don't appear when we've bookmarked the new posts page for a quick scan of whats happening with geocaching in the UK?

Thanks

Tim

Thats certainly a usefull feature, I will see if I can work out how to implement something like that.......Watch this space.
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by uktim View Post
    Is it possible to set things up so that we can ignore some of the forums (Off Topic for example) so that they don't appear when we've bookmarked the new posts page for a quick scan of whats happening with geocaching in the UK?
    We now do have such a system. Users can ignore Complete Forums or Threads.

The attached images show you the icon and link to clik to ignore a forum and a thread. If you are looking at a forum you will be able to ignore it but you have to be reading a thread to be able to ignore that.

You can change your ignore preferences at any time by using the admin panel which is attached to the bottom of your User CP - it's the link just to the right of the Portal and Forums links at the top of the page.

The only thing is when you view the ignored forums or thread list everything is doubled up. I will look into this and get it sorted out if I can. Other than that though its now fully functional.

Ian
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

uktim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by studlyone View Post
    We now do have such a system. Users can ignore Complete Forums or Threads.

The attached images show you the icon and link to clik to ignore a forum and a thread. If you are looking at a forum you will be able to ignore it but you have to be reading a thread to be able to ignore that.

You can change your ignore preferences at any time by using the admin panel which is attached to the bottom of your User CP - it's the link just to the right of the Portal and Forums links at the top of the page.

The only thing is when you view the ignored forums or thread list everything is doubled up. I will look into this and get it sorted out if I can. Other than that though its now fully functional.

Ian
    Brilliant. Speedy job