Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: GC.com Login Problems.

Default GC.com Login Problems.

Is anyone else having problems logging in to Geocaching.com? It won't let me log in and keeps asking for a validation code. I don't have one so have requested a new one. It then says that one has been sent to my inbox but nothing is arriving. Very frustrating as I am wanting to do some PQ's tonight.

No problems here with us
    We're NOT lost !!! We're just not quite sure where we are

Found out why, my GC account has been hacked and my name changed. Just about to report it to the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacaru View Post
    Found out why, my GC account has been hacked and my name changed. Just about to report it to the police.
    Darn!!!

Hope you get it sorted.

Was your computer hacked or just your GC account?

Needless to say youve changed every single password, cleared all your cached pages, checked you have the latest updates on your Norton Security or whatever program youre using etc etc???

Sorry to hear that J
    We're NOT lost !!! We're just not quite sure where we are

Yep, getting sorted. I am going to the police this morning as I am pretty sure who this is.

Just to let everyone know, I have been to the police. They were most helpful, listened to an explanation about geocaching and what has been occuring. Treating it as a homophobic incident as to all intents and purposes I have been outed. They have copies of emails that I have been sent in the past.

Best of all, the Jacaru name is back with only the subtlest of changes.

I read the thread about this in the other place. Some people really are beneath contempt.