Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Help the 'Newbies' at local meets.

Default Help the 'Newbies' at local meets.

I remember when we went to our first cachers meeting (Port Isaac, Cornwall) and the first thing we were asked to do was to write our names on a couple of big white stickers and wear them. This made it so easy as we were able to identify the cachers whose names we had seen on the cache pages or in the cache logs. Since then we have been to quite a few meets and as we have not seen the stickers on offer at any others we have made a pair of badges to wear and will wear them whenever we go to meets.
    So come on you meet organisers, get some labels (even a wide roll of masking tape does the job) and give the newcomers a chance to recognise the regulars (who know each other).

It's not just the newbies, the non-locals could do with a helping hand to know whose who!
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

And us older grannies.........cos I could have met you once or twice times but I won't remeber at the next Mega, in fact I probably won't remember the next day!!

And can you make the writing on the badge BIG and bold and black so I don't have to read it 3 inches from your breast and look like a plonker.

:socool:

nobbynobbs Guest

make yourself a special event t=shirt.

light t=shirt and a transfer pack from somewhere cheap, instant big way for people to be able to spot you from a distance and hide just working on mine to give those people who cant spot the tallest person there a head start:lol:

molfrew-mosstoad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nobbynobbs View Post

light t=shirt and a transfer pack from somewhere cheap, instant big way for people to be able to spot you from a distance and hide just working on mine to give those people who cant spot the tallest person there a head start:lol:

This is ours it works well and very cheap to make, I think the t-shirt was from matalan or simular for about £1 and the printing was done by our local photo shop for a fiver. Works well and we wear them at any events/meets we attend
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/EastAn...41384313934594

Just remember to put the name printing around your waist level mate so as us little people can read it

nobbynobbs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DrDick&Vick View Post
    Just remember to put the name printing around your waist level mate so as us little people can read it

YOU CAN READ!!!!!! wonders will never cease

YOU CAN READ!!!!!! wonders will never cease

LMFAO

You asked for that one Richard

Nice one Nobby

BTW how tall are you?

My "littleun" is 14 years old and 6foot 2inches, with a size 11/12 shoe size....hmy:.......my "biggun" is 18 and 6 foot 4 inches....I think I picked up the wrong bairns in hospital I am a diddly 5 foot 5 inches!!

Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by Us 4 and Jess View Post
    LMFAO

You asked for that one Richard

Nice one Nobby

Mandy
    Must admit it is a very clever response but I enjoy the banter.

nobbynobbs Guest

We really need a icon that has a little halo or a tongue firmly in a cheek :lol:

your little ones are small then. Did they suffer from some stunting condition? I'm 6'7'' hmy: trouble is doorways are only 6'5'' :wacko: and don't talk to me about quaint old pubs with exposed beams!

We really need a icon that has a little halo or a tongue firmly in a cheek :lol:

your little ones are small then. Did they suffer from some stunting condition? I'm 6'7'' hmy: trouble is doorways are only 6'5'' :wacko: and don't talk to me about quaint old pubs with exposed beams!
    In my early days of drinking, having smacked my head on a beam :wacko: in a "quaint old pub" as I walked away from the bar with a pint -Never spilt a drop! - I now always take a drink out of the glass first , then walk away from the bar with my head lowered!
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

What something like this?

keehotee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bear and Ragged View Post
    In my early days of drinking, having smacked my head on a beam :wacko: in a "quaint old pub" as I walked away from the bar with a pint -Never spilt a drop! - I now always take a drink out of the glass first , then walk away from the bar with my head lowered!
    Although not quite as vertically enabled as Mr Nobbs, I have perfected a similar technique, whereby to lessen the odds of hitting my head at any point during the session I stay at the bar taking drinks from as many pints as I feel I will need, then leaving on my knees - or, in the case of VERY low ceilings - draped across the shoulders of companions.....