Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: New Member

Oddjob123 Guest

Default New Member

Hi my name is Richard Collins, I live in Portsmouth (UK) and I started Geocaching in March this year. I had a break for a while and now im back, I have 60+ caches found and only 1 hidden so far. I have joined the forum to help me and find more information as im still learning, I hope you can help me out Hi to everyone on here.

Hi Richard and welcome to the GAGB. I am sure that someone will be able to answer any questions that you may have. My partners family are from the Portsmouth area so we do get down there very occasionally. In fact one of the early caches that we found was this one http://coord.info/GC1AD5Y

Hi Richard and welcome!

I was caching down in Portsmouth last week, a nice lot of caches around that area to choose from. We discovered 'Milton Common' in Portsmouth on our trip. Some nice caches there and such a lovely area.

Cass
    My Geocaching Blog: http://geocass.wordpress.com

Hi,
    and welcome -lots of good advice, and topics to view - don't forget to read the "Seeker" newsletters - help with technical things and questions answered dive in and enjoy !
    cheers
    paul b
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Oddjob123 Guest

Hi everyone, Jacaru thats spooky as i got that cache today on the way home from work. Also cassandy i saw you cool sticker in "Prince Charming" log yesterday on Milton Common and thanks Palujia im sure i will.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob123 View Post
    Also cassandy i saw you cool sticker in "Prince Charming" log yesterday on Milton Common
    :lol: Small world!!!
    My Geocaching Blog: http://geocass.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by cassandy View Post
    :lol: Small world!!!

Very

Watch out for the sus looking people wandering around in circles with what looks like a mobile phone in their hands ! - the secret is to watch the fingers - if they are clutching the object and not texting and the person looks vaguely worried and keeps looking up and round about they may well be cachers trying to look innocent !!It's even better if you know where the nearest cache is and you go and lean casually at ground zero. No, seriously, as caching grows you can be sure you will run in to others of the same persuasion especially in places where there are lots of caches in close proximity. Go to some local meets and you will find lots of new friends and quite a few you will have probably either seen or have seen their logs in other caches Beware - it can take over your life - you have been warned
    Si vis pacem para bellum