Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Travel Bug Hotels

1. Default Travel Bug Hotels

I've had a quick search on here and had a root about on the Frog site but I can't find any lists of TB hotels or how to identify them - any suggestions ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Default UK and Ireland TB and Coin Hotels

UK and Ireland TB and Coin Hotels

Is a bookmark list of all TB and Coin hotels in Ireland the UK and Isle of Man ...... created by Beefy4605

Not sure how up to date it is as there are quite a few archived ones on there.

If you create a Pocket Query (without the day box ticked) of the bookmark list, you can then preview the results and view their locations in Google Maps (using the 'Map this location' link at the top of the page).
    GAGB member since 2005
    GAGB Committee member 2010 to 2016 (Chair 2012 to 2015)
    UK Mega Event Chairman 2009 (Weston-super-Mare)

I have just let him know about a new TB hotel that is opening for business in September here in Nottingham. Already reviewed and waiting to go live.

"Travel Bug Hotel" is simply a title that some cache owner choose for their new box. Any good-sized cache in a convenient location can act as a TB Hotel. I think, ideally, a TB hotel needs to combine two seemingly contradictory features: an easy, convenient location to find and a secure spot where it won't be found accidentally.

Good TB Hotels have a regular flow of trackables passing through them.

5. Default

I'm dropping my daughter off at Gatport Airwick at dark o'clock on Wednesday morning and I'm intending to drop off a couple of TB's nearby - I might even arrange for my better half and son to come along if they've got any that need an international move

Life is too important to take seriously !

so glad i found this thread found my first every geo coin today and this sounds like just the thing i need to send it on its travels :-)

Quote Originally Posted by thetrevenafamily View Post
    so glad i found this thread found my first every geo coin today and this sounds like just the thing i need to send it on its travels :-)
    Hello and welcome trevenafamily! The Spiral Dragon geocoin that you picked up just wants to keep travelling, so there's no need to seek out a GC or TB hotel for it, just move it along to the next pleasantly placed cache that's large enough to take it. That's what I would do anyway

Happy caching, Paul