We are pleased to advise the Essex Wildlife trust have kindly agreed for the placing of geocaches on their sites in Essex.
Please note that the Essex Wildlife trust guidelines and those of the GAGB guidelines for placing geocaches should be applied.
It is hoped that these caches will bring new visitors to the reserves, to enjoy these wonderful sites, experience the wildlife and help to promote Essex Wildlife Trust and its work across the county.
If you would like to know more about Essex Wildlife Trust then check out their website Essex Wildlife Trust here.
A map overlay (.kml) showing the Wildlife Trust land can be downloaded here.
The map overlays can be downloaded and opened in Google Earth which is a free download for a PC and also as apps for Apple and Android. (N.B. These maps do not form part of any legal representation of land ownership and are created simply as a guide to areas for the purposes of placing a geocache container or marking an area where these are not permitted).
1. Identify the area where you would like to place your geocache. A list of all the Nature reserves is available on the website.
2. Visit the site to identify a suitable hiding place (in line with guidelines) and take GPS co-ordinates.
3. Complete the application form here. and forward as described. The form includes full details of the Essex Wildlife Trust requirements. Please particularly note EWT point no 6.
4. Wait for Essex Wildlife Trust approval or contact to discuss your cache location further.
5. After receiving Essex Wildlife Trust approval then place your cache. Prepare you cache listing at geocaching.com, and continue with the publishing process.
The following file is attached to this agreement: essexwt.kml
26th Mar 2021.
Do you have any feedback about this agreement? Click here to submit feedback to the committee.