The placement of geocaches on land owned by the SGRPID, including SSSIs, is permitted subject to the following requirements;
1. Caches must not be placed closer than one mile to another cache on SGRPID land
2. All caches must be clearly labelled as a geocache
3. Caches must be placed sensitively having regard to the need to protect and preserve the natural environment of the Isle of Skye and in particular any designated sites such as SSSIs
4. Caches should be placed only by geocachers who are in a position to maintain them properly, i.e. by a local presence, or by those who have a local presence who can maintain them on behalf of the cache owner
5. The precise location and description of caches on SGRPID land must be provided to David MacVicar, SGRPID, Estates Office, Portree, Isle of Skye, IV51 9DH (David.Macvicar@scotland.gsi.gov.uk), who has the right to ask for a cache to be moved or removed. This should be done immediately following publication, as a matter of courtesy.
27th Feb 2014.
Do you have any feedback about this agreement? Click here to submit feedback to the committee.