This is an agreement between the Negotiator* (Team N0hope)_and the Leadhills Trust and is for permission for the negotiator ONLY to place geocaches on this land.
On behalf of Leadhills Trust, I write to confirm that, until further notice, Leadhills Trust ('the Owner') is happy to permit that you* place geocaches on Leadhills Estate. This would be subject to the following conditions, which are in line with the model landowner agreement of the Geocaching Association of Great Britain (GAGB):
• The location of any geocache must be agreed in advance with the Owner. Prior to any geocache being placed on Leadhills Estate land an email request should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the draft geocache description of the site and detailed GPS reference for the cache location.
• You* will have sole permission to place geocaches on Leadhills Estate, and this permission is not assignable. The Owner will approve the draft GAGB entry for landowner permission, and this will be made clear in the entry.
• The placement of the geocache must be non-destructive/non-invasive.
• The placement of the geocache must present no increase in the risk of subsequent damage by erosion at or on the approaches to the location.
• The geocache can be reached by established footways and access points.
• There must be no risk of disturbance to protected bird, animal or plant life. Leadhills Estate is a working sheep farm with fragile habitats, and dogs must be kept on leads at all times.
• The Owner reserves the right to remove any geocache without notice if it deems appropriate to do so or to suspend their placement during sensitive times of the year.
• There may be sensitive locations where the Estate does not wish to encourage a greater concentration of public access and use and each case will need to be considered on its merits.
• Any consent to locate the geocache on Leadhills Estate land should be acknowledged in the geocache description. The geocache description will be approved by the Owner.
• There may be designations affecting the land, such as the Scheduled Monument or SSSI. You will be responsible for obtaining any consents required.
• The Owner does not assess the suitability or safety of the cache location or of its land for your purposes. There may be hazards on the particular areas of ground, and participants take access at their own risk. Hazards observed at or on route to the cache location should be reported to the cache placer. For example, areas around Leadhills Estate may be affected by former mineworkings, and the ground at Leadhills Estate can be steep and rough. The cache placer will be responsible for assessing and complying with and advising users of any health and safety requirements. The cache placer and the cache finder have a responsibility to take reasonable precautions to protect their own safety and the safety of others. The Owner will accept no liability for any claims, loss or damage sustained as a result of this agreement.
• All geocaches placed on Leadhills Estate land will conform to the Scottish Outdoor Access Code, the Geocaching Association of Great Britain (GAGB) code of conduct and the GAGB geocache placement guidelines.
• You* will keep in place third party insurance cover for your its access and operations and will provide evidence of cover to the Owner on request
6th Jul 2016.
Do you have any feedback about this agreement? Click here to submit feedback to the committee.