Harston Wood Nature Reserve
Staffordshire Wildlife Trust
Harston Wood is an SSSI and within that there's a nature reserve. Staffordshire wildlife trust have set up permission to place geocaches here on the following basis:
Permission for placing a geocache on a Staffordshire Wildlife Trust nature reserve is granted subject to the following conditions
- Staffordshire Wildlife Trust will accept no responsibility for any accident or injury arising through the visit, however caused
- Any equipment is the responsibility of the permit holder
- This permit must be retained and produced to the owner or its agents upon request
- The Staffordshire Wildlife Trust reserves the right to withdraw this permit at any time
- The locations of all geocaches are provided to Staffordshire Wildlife Trust before being installed
Placing a Cache
- Cache containers to be clearly marked, stating that the content is harmless, give the owners contact information and state that cache placement has the permission of Staffordshire Wildlife Trust
- Caches to be family friendly. Only items safe and acceptable for an unaccompanied child to find should be placed in a cache
- You should never put anything in a cache that could cause injury or damage the natural environment
- No items of food or drink of any kind should be placed in the cache
- No items of a commercial nature to be placed within the cache
- Cache containers should not be placed inside a plastic bag.
- Caches must be placed within a few meters of an official trail
- Fences and barriers must not be crossed to place or access the cache
- Caches should be placed out if sight of people casually passing by
- Caches should not be buried. Holes should not be dug in order to place a cache
- Caches may not be submerged
- Caches should not be hidden in animal holes, runs, nests etc.
- No cache should be placed in or on a dry stone wall
- Placing or accessing the cache must not damage plants
- Caches must not be placed in an area close to a dangerous feature such as a cliff or water body
- Visiting the cache should not cause visual sign of disturbance, or disturb wildlife
Please note on your web listing that the cache has permission from Staffordshire Wildlife Trust.
- Maintenance of the cache is the responsibility of the placer
- Regular checks must be made to ensure the cache remains in good condition and that the cache isn’t causing disturbance to the area
The following file is attached to this agreement: harston wood nature reserve.pdf
24th Jun 2022.
Do you have any feedback about this agreement? Click here to submit feedback to the committee.