Telford Town Park have agreed to the placement of caches. Please contact markandlynn through their gc.com profile if you wish to place a cache there.
The following guidelines have been developed by Telford Town Park Management Team and members of the Geocaching Community.
Geocaching is a very new pursuit, and these guidelines are published in draft form in order to ensure that the activity can progress in harmony with the many other interests and legal constraints within the Telford Town Park.
1. Ensure the cache container is clearly marked, stating that the content is harmless and giving the placer's e-mail address or other contact method.
2. Only items that would be deemed safe and acceptable for an unaccompanied child to find should be placed in the cache.
3. No cache may be placed in such a way as to risk damage or disturbance to property, vegetation or wildlife. Protect our heritage.
4. When placing a cache on a Right of Way, the onus is on the placer to seek the permission of the landowner.
5. No items of food or drink of any kind should be placed in the cache.
6. Caches must not be buried, and holes must not be dug in order to place a cache.
7. Caches must not be hidden in animal holes or runs.
8. Cache containers must not be placed inside a polythene bag.
9. Fences should never be crossed when placing or seeking a cache.
10. No caches should be of a commercial nature, either in location or content.
11. Before placing a cache in the Town Park, the Telford Town Park Manager must be informed to ensure that the cache does not compromise the management of the site. .
12. Maintenance of the cache is the responsibility of the placer.
13. When leaving the cache site, after finding or hiding a cache, there must be no visual sign of disturbance.
14. For reasons of safety and security the Borough of Telford & Wrekin discourage geocaching on their land during the hours of darkness.
15. Please do not bring geocaching into disrepute, never drive your car anywhere other than on the highways and byways, and always park sensibly in approved places only.
29th Jun 2014.
Do you have any feedback about this agreement? Click here to submit feedback to the committee.